COMMERCIAL DIRECTING (select)
- JetBlue "Let Music Move You"
- FedEx "Soundtrack"
- NYU Langone "Profiles"
- T.J. Maxx "Celebrating Remarkable Women"
- Wells Fargo "Why I Work"
- NFL "Diverse Talent"
- American Express "It's Not What You Think"
- DirecTV "Yaveo"
- HP "Slate Tablets"
- Teen Vogue "3 Steps"
- American Express "Small Business Saturday"
- Skype "Outlook"
- Mattel "Dr. Mommy"
- Kumon "The Kumon Method"
- Intel "Ultrabook Shooting Challenge"
- Palladium Boots "Lite Technology"
- Nik Software "Snapseed"
- SAP "Tommy Hilfiger"
- Kleenex "Touch Versus Feel"
FILM & TELEVISION DIRECTING (select)
- Complex Conversations (2017)
- Mad Tiger (2016)
- Nickelodeon "All That" Reunion (2015)
- HBO "East of Main Street: Taking The Lead" (2015)
- Hear Our Stories, Share Yours (2014)
- HBO "East of Main Street: Milestones" (2013)
- HBO "East of Main Street: Small Talk" (2012)
- HBO "East of Main Street" (2011)
- HBO "East of Main Street: Asians Aloud" (2010)
- Shift (2006)
Jonathan Yi is an award-winning director and cinematographer. He is the director of HBO's "East of Main Street," Nickelodeon's "All That" reunion, and "Complex Conversations," featuring Ice Cube, Steve Aoki, Timbaland, Tony Hawk, and many others.
His documentary feature "Mad Tiger" was called "one of the top 10 documentaries to watch" by Indiewire. It ran for several months in theaters nationwide and is now available on Netflix. Jonathan is the Executive Producer and Director of Photography of "Goodnight Brooklyn: The Story of Death By Audio" which made its World Premiere in competition at SXSW. It is now available to stream on Hulu.
His client list in the advertising world includes Nike, FedEx, Smirnoff, HP, Kleenex, Dos Equis, Trident, Kotex, Microsoft, SAP, TD Ameritrade, Schick, and American Express, among many others.
Jonathan has shot music videos for Paul McCartney, Twisted Sister, Poison, Daniel Johnston and Mates of State.
As a director/cinematographer, Yi's work has been showcased in such magazines as Creativity and Vice. MoMA at the AICP Awards honored him in 2006 for his advertising work with Monster.com.
Yi consulted for Canon USA on their 2011 Cinema EOS product line. His promo video for the EOS C300 went viral, helping launch the EOS C300 to quickly become the most popular rental camera in the world within its first year on the market. In addition, Jonathan teaches film and digital cinematography at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts.
MUSIC VIDEO DIRECTING (select)
- Mates of State "Goods"
- Sundowner "Life In The Embers"
- The Locust "Moth-Eaten Deer Head"
- Zap Mama (feat. G-Love) "Drifting"
- Math The Band "Four to Six"
- Mike Park "On That Stage"
- Peelander-Z "So Many Mike"
- Metermaids "Turn The Lights Out"
- Dominant Legs "Make Time For The Boy"